- There is a user-friendly signup process
- Create and share as much content as you like and relate it to any subject that appeals to a geek
- Talk with other users in any location worldwide
- Interact in multiple ways any time of day or night including starting various activities (i.e. commenting on forum threads, events, discussions on music, videos, and blog posts)
- Follow embeddable links to content that is off-site, such as this user’s video poem on YouTube
- You’re not going to stand out if you’re passionate about an interest like donning your fave superhero character costume and sitting in a flying saucer to watch sci-fi flicks
- Some groups and forums did not show new posts for days
- There were hundreds of users to discover, but, based on my previous experience, some other sites have thousands of users
- It was hard to play games such as Pac-Man and Super Mario Kart without viewing ads and signing up for a third-party service
- You must download Flash Player to listen to music shares, but this software is going away at the end of 2020
- I only got a few visitors on my profile
- No advanced or premium features offered to paying subscribers
- You must open a whole email thread and type a message to answer a user instead of choosing from pre-made prompts
The site’s promise is to create a detailed profile to match with fellow brains. I decided to check it out and to see who you need to be to fit in here – Average Joe or full-time Commander Spock?.
When I created my profile in July 2020, I loved the chances to describe myself in words and pictures. Upload an avatar and share many kinds of content. Users are crazy about gaming, comics, anime, and more. The best part was learning new terms like “renning,” which means going to a Renaissance Festival. That’s definitely the latest bullet point on my bucket list!
The registration process took around fifteen minutes.
- On the first screen, I provided personal stats in fields including checkboxes and data entry boxes, such as age, location, height, physical descriptors, personality characteristics, username, and the kinds of friends and/or dating prospects I want to find.
- On the second page, I had to type a paragraph sharing details about my geeky side. It was even more challenging to write a separate paragraph describing my ideal partner. While I don’t typically dress up as a comic book character, I do find myself attracted to brainy types.
- Finally, I had to upload a photograph and anime graphics that make me look fabulous and decidedly geekier than words will convey. While I’m not looking for a Star Trek fanatic or a gamer, someone who likes hanging out in bookstores or playing trivia at the nearest kava bar can surely be found on a site like Soulgeek.com.
- Admin required me to complete an email verification before accessing other features. Once I was verified, I began chatting with another user within minutes.
Members and Profiles
I couldn’t use the search feature as easily as I’d wanted to match with potential partners. The simple solution was to click on “My Matches” and start messaging users who the site picked for me. When you click on a member’s profile, you can see their lengthy descriptions and content they have uploaded to the site.
It’s easy to view who is online quickly and, what’s more, you will receive an instant email notification every time a user messages you. Just close your browser and move to other online activities. Switch back to this geeky site whenever you get notified..
Unlike many dating sites, this site has a tab along the top navigation bar, encouraging you to review the property’s dating safety tips. You must also agree to the terms of service and website guidelines.
If you don’t want to use your real name and/or upload full facial pictures, such as mine, with my sunglasses, you can choose no image or include one dressed in your favorite costume. New members must certify they are at least 18 years old to use the site. Furthermore, creating an online persona without using your real name will help you feel safer.
As you get to know users, you always have the option of exchanging contact details and take the conversation offline. Don’t share your phone number or payment information with strangers (credit card, PayPal, etc.)!
Is soulgeek.com legit?
If you believe in the law of Attraction, the universe gives you the type of experience that you desire. The more conscious thoughts you send towards a specific experience, the more likely the universe will provide you something along those lines. However, the outcomes and how you evolve as a person during the process might look different during each learning experience.
I approached this dating network with an open mind and enjoyed the several features. It was easy to choose whether to add photos, videos, music, blogs, play games, talk in one of several forums, create an event, message other users on the site, invite others to join and share interesting member profiles.
As with all dating sites, be patient and expect to get out of online dating what you put into it. But it looks more like a social network for nerds and geeks, not a full-fleshed dating site.
Costs and Prices
I was never asked for payment information to create a full profile or access areas or features. If you want to take advantage of sending a virtual gift to another member, it’s still free! Without any credits at all, search for the perfect soulgeek at no charge and use the site as often as you like.
Joining Soulgeek.com is your lottery ticket to the experience of meeting like-minded individuals. The site has a simple design, but you can click around to all areas and explore for yourself what makes users tick as they talk geekspeak.
You will find other people passionate about your favorite fantasy, anime, sci-fi, or comic interest, but it’ll take a lot of time to get the direct attention of somebody.
You can find more review sites, their useful features and cool insights at Animedatings.com